1. What were the second invasions?
From about 850 to about 1100, Europe was divided and weak. This led to a second wave of invasions. Three new peoples invaded Europe: the Vikings, the Magyars and the Saracens.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Governme [...]
European Union: activities
1. When was the European Community / Common Market established?
2. Where does the European Parliament meet?
3. How many countries are there in the European Union?
4. Name the countries and the capital cities of the Member States of the European Union?
5. How many languages are spoken in the EU?
6. Which are the official languages of the EU? [...]